It is so important to take good care of our skin. After all it is the largest organ of our body. Starting young can help to avoid so many problems in the future. Youth are often urged to use just water or even worse, soap on their skin. Its time to get them started in the right direction, early. You never know, as a parent you could learn a thing or two on reversing signs of aging in your own skin.;)
We did attempt about a year ago to start a skincare regimen for a teen client. However, they were not fully committed and so the skin would revert back to the acne state it was in before we started. Mom asked me a couple of times a year about clearing her teen’s skin. However I did not want her to waste her money on Facials or products when it was not important to the teen for at home care. I explained how what I do at the salon was only 10% of skincare. The other 90%is at home care. After all they are young and don’t realize how important is to take care of the skin until it’s a problem. I would talk right in front of teen and let her know that until he/she takes it seriously and understands the importance of their skin clearing up then all efforts would be in vain. It could cost her a lot of money in the long run. Well, this week we started the skin journey again. After about an hour working and then some tears at the end we did a little extracting and we did see some results. I told her that we will resume at another time in order to continue to work on the chin. When she came in for the next visit I was kind of skeptical and wondering if we were going to get through without tears this time. I was allowed to extract with no tears. Now, they did squirm just a little but we did it without any tears. At the end of the service the skin was smooth it and ww were completely satisfied with that session. We’re so looking forward to going to another section of skin and clearing that up as well. Once acne is cleared up and we have cleansed the pores out completely, we will go in and work on any hypopigmentation to start to brighten the skin and evening the skin tone. I was so proud of her and when she came in and told me that she realized that if she wanted things to change about her skin and she had to be willing to change her habits, I was just elated. Now I know that she is fully committed to taking care of her skin. She has had a great started using her product faithfully and is sure to clean her skin twice a day. I’m completely proud of her and so happy that I have the privilege of being her skin care professional.
I often use my son as an example of how eventually teens will come into their own and realize that they cannot fight their skin problems on their own. That there is help out there but they have to be willing to put in the effort as well. After all this is a part of becoming a young adult. When I heard my son asked me about his cleanser and his moisturizer for his skin I knew I had arrived. I knew that eventually with enough talking 2 instead of talking at them they will come around and understand where I was coming from. My son even loves the high frequency which he calls my taser. He always asks if I will bring my taser home so that I could use it on his face. I told him please don’t go to school and tell people that I tase your face….. Lol.
If you know a young adult teen or preteen with acne that could use a little urging to take care of their skin or need a good start to a great skin care regimen I would be happy to help them along the way. I can be reached at the information below. Thanks again for reading and being a subscriber.
Don’t forget to Like, Follow and Share.
**Mention this post and receive:
$10 off a Teen Facial or
$15 off of a Deep Pore Cleansing Facial.